AYP Teacher Training Course Application Form
Please complete the form below to apply to join the Teacher Training Course in April 2017
You will also need to create a short file with answers to the following questions and attach it to the form. This file can be a word document, a text file or a notepad file. Once you start to fill in the form, it cannot be saved, so it is best to answer the questions first, then attach the file and then answer the remaining questions on the form.
Text document questions:
These are the questions that you need to answer on your text document. It is not necessary to give long answers, brief answers are fine:
1. How long have you been practicing yoga for?
2. Do you practice AYP yoga and if so, how long have you practiced for? If you do not practice AYP Yoga do you practice pranayama and meditation? If so, which forms of pranayama and meditation do you practice?
3. What does your current daily yoga practice consist of?
4. How many times do you practice yoga each week?
5. Why do you want to become qualified as a yoga teacher?
6. Do you currently hold any qualifications in yoga or related disciplines? If so which ones?
7. Do you have any health concerns that we should know about and that may affect your training or ability to teach?
In order to qualify as a yoga teacher at the end of the course, students will need to be able to demonstrate the following abilities during the course:
1. To be able to demonstrate that you have a good intellectual and practical understanding of the principles and techniques of Yoga.
2. To demonstrate that you are able to teach these practices to others in a safe and responsible way.
Assessment will be carried out both during the course and through a final written examination. The written examination will not cover the full curriculum but will only cover the material that students need to know to effectively teach asana practice, meditation and pranayama.
After submitting your form, you will receive acknowledgement of receipt within two working days and we will let you know if you have been given a place on the course.
Once you have been accepted onto the Teacher Training Course, you will be able to make payment by debit or credit card using our secure payment processor. You will need to pay the deposit of £300, to secure your place on the course. The balance will be due within 3 months of the course start date.
If you are paying in instalments, or have been awarded a scholarship place, please use the payment form here.